Mauritius Tourism Board and Travel Trade Association Website Links:
- Association des Hotels de Charmes: www.fmham.net
- Association hôteliers et restaurateurs de L’île Maurice: www.mauritiustourism.org
- Ecole Hoteliere Sir Gaetan Duval: www.ivtb.mu
- Mauritius Association of Inbound Operators (AIOM): www.aiom.mu
- Mauritius Board of Investment: www.investmentmauritius.com
- Mauritius Tourism Authority: www.tourismauthority.mu
- Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority: www.tourism-mauritius.mu
- Ministry of Tourism and Leisure: www.gov.mu/portal/site/tourist
About: Mauritius, a volcanic island nation in the Indian Ocean, is known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. The mountainous interior encompasses Black River Gorges National Park, with rainforests, waterfalls, hiking trails and native fauna like the flying fox. The capital, Port Louis, blends foreign influences and offers sites such as the Champs de Mars horse track, colonial Eureka plantation and 18th-century botanical garden.
Capital: Port Louis
Currency: Mauritian rupee (MUR)
Population: 1.296 million (2013) World Bank
Tourism: Find or list accommodation, adventure, attraction, and safari operators on the Africa Adventure Travel GeoDirectory.