About: Mozambique is a southern African nation whose long Indian Ocean coastline is dotted with popular beaches like Tofo, as well as offshore marine parks. In the Quirimbas Archipelago, a 250km stretch of coral islands, mangrove-covered Ibo Island has colonial-era ruins. It’s also a diving and snorkeling destination, as is Bazaruto Archipelago farther south, with reefs protecting rare marine life including dugongs.
Population: 25.83 million (2013) World Bank
Official language: Portuguese
Tourism: Find or list accommodation, adventure, attraction, and safari operators on the Africa Adventure Travel GeoDirectory.
Mozambique Tourism Board and Travel Trade Association Website Links:
- Associação dos Hotéis do Sul de Moçambique (AHSM): www.cta.org.mz
- Associação IVERCA: www.iverca.org
- Centro de Promoção de Investimentos (CPI): www.mozbusiness.gov.mz
- Mozambique Tourism (MITUR): www.visitmozambique.net
- National Tourism Authority: www.inatur.org.mz