About: Namibia, a country in southwest Africa, is distinguished by the Namib desert along the Atlantic Ocean coast. The country is home to diverse wildlife, including a significant cheetah population. The capital, Windhoek, and coastal town Swakopmund contain German colonial-era buildings such as Windhoek’s Christuskirche, built in 1907. In the north, Etosha National Park’s sprawling salt pan draws game including rhinos and giraffes.
Population: 2.303 million (2013). World Bank.
Official language: English
Currencies: Namibian dollar (NAD), South African rand (ZAR).
Tourism: Find or list accommodation, adventure, attraction, and safari operators on the Africa Adventure Travel GeoDirectory.
Namibia Tourism Board and Travel Trade Association Website Links:
- Emerging Tourism Enterprises Association (ETEA): www.eteanamibia.com
- Federation of Namibian Tourism Association in Namibia (FENATA): www.fenata.org
- Namibia Ministry of Environment & Tourism: www.met.gov.na
- Namibia Tourism Board: www.namibiatourism.com.na
- Tourist Guides’ Association of Namibia: www.tan-namibia.org
- Tour & Safari Association of Namibia (TASA): www.tasa.na