The Institute for Professional Tourist Guides Southern Africa will be hosting a first in the Southern African tourism industry: a Tourist Guide Indaba.
The aim is to bring the tourist guides in direct contact with tour operators and start an employer-employee relationship. Tour operators both local and international will have the opportunity to meet tourist guides face to face and discuss future work relationships.
The event will run during WTM-Africa in Cape Town as local and international agents and tour operators will be in attendance at this event. TheTourist Guide Indaba will be an added benefit for both tourist guides and employers.
On arrival on April, 18 a registration cocktail will be served and during the day of April, 19 snacks and drinks will be available. The day will end with a Completion Party.
JJ Pieterse, owner of Ramasibi Guesthouse and chairman of the local Guesthouse Association has made a package available for attendees.
The 2018 Tourist Guide Indaba will roll out in the following way:
- The venue will be laid out in language divisions – all guides who guide in a specific language will exhibit together.
- Networking facilities will be available.
- Snacks and drinks will be available to offer guests.
- A list of registered guests will be available to members via email to set up appointments.
- Mass marketing of the event will be done by IPTGSA.
- The final program will be issued closer to the 19th of April 2018.
- Members of the IPTGSA need to register online for TGI by the 1 May 2018.
- Space is limited due to venue size.
- On confirmation of your participation payment will be required.
- Date: 19 April 2018.
- Venue: Workshop17 on the Waterfront.
Read more on the subject of Tourist Guiding: