The Karongwe Portfolio has launched the newly built and much anticipated Becks Safari Lodge, welcoming its first guests to the lodge in April 2017.
Set in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve bordering the Makutsi, Lourene, and Greater Makalali game reserves near Tzaneen in South Africa’s Limpopo province, Becks Safari Lodge is perfectly positioned overlooking the Makhutswi Riverbed to take full advantage of game viewing from the expansive lodge deck and eight safari suites.
Becks Safari Lodge incorporates luxury accommodation, dedicated staff and Big-5 game viewing partnered with a spectacular look at some of South Africa’s most beautiful surrounds and a distinctive, personalised ‘home away from home’ feel.
Accommodation options include eight safari suites bordering the river as well as two family or couples-oriented suites looking onto a popular waterhole. Each air-conditioned safari suite boasts a high-impact design scheme incorporating both contemporary, bold visuals and elements from nature. A palette of silver, charcoal and elephant-grey ensures a relaxing and elegant setting to enjoy a secluded escape from bustling everyday life.
The environment is both honoured and preserved, with the Lodge being carefully built around pre-existing trees to secure as small a footprint as possible. This picturesque setting can be enjoyed from all angles, with private decks attached to each suite, a large main lodge deck and a sunken fire pit all offering excellent game-viewing opportunities. Support of local art also plays a significant role, with impressive South African paintings being celebrated on a gallery display wall in the communal area of the lodge.
In addition to connecting with the African bushveld, guests can enjoy several memorable experiences at Becks Safari Lodge, each aimed to solidify a relaxing atmosphere. With soothing, high-end treatments available at the on-site Thera Naka spa and a cooling 20-meter infinity pool, natural healing and rejuvenation are promoted. And for chilly winter nights, the inside fireplace offers an ideal setting to regroup and share stories of game sightings with fellow guests.
With an emphasis placed on a personal and exclusive reawakening, Becks Safari Lodge looks forward to welcoming guests to this “different from the norm” experience.
Rates start at R6500 pp/pn (high season) commissionable and include:
- All meals, teas, coffees and snacks
- Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers
- Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to one per person with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink
- All local house wines and beers are included.
- Airport and road transfers, including chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base
- Mini Bar, curio, telephone, WIFI, spa and laundry expenses
- Tourism levy of R14 pp/pn and may only be billed back to the agent/operator
- Karongwe Game Reserve entrance fee of R105 per person per stay
- Premium and imported brands
- Rhino levy of R40 per person per stay and must be settled on departure
For more information visit www.karongweportfolio.com