The Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) elected Francois Neethling of Central South Africa Portfolio as its new President at the associations annual general meeting (AGM) held at the Durban International Convention Centre on 09 May 2013, prior to the opening of the Indaba Travel Trade Show, which runs from 11 to 14 May at the same venue.
Past President, Craig Drysdale of Thompsons Tours regretfully tendered his resignation at the AGM due to the extensive international travel that his current position in the company demands of him. Craig will however remain available in an advisory capacity on the SATSA National Executive Committee (ExCo) as Immediate Past President.
At the AGM, three seats on the ExCo became available for election, for which nominations were submitted by members. The successful candidates voted in for these seats are Charmaine Hardwick of Protea Hotels, Dale Pretorius of Value SA and Martin Jansen van Vuuren of Grant Thornton.
The 2013 ExCo then voted for the positions of President, Vice-President and Treasurer. Des Langkilde of Tourism Tattler was elected Vice-President and Dale Pretorius of Value SA as Treasurer of SATSA.
SATSA provincial chapters held their respective annual general meetings prior to the national AGM, and the following members were elected as Chairman (or Chair Person if you prefer) of their respective chapters:
- Gauteng – Leon Bosch of Guvon Hotels
- North West Province – Mike Speed
- Freestate – Francois Neethling of Central South Africa Portfolio
- Mpumalanga – Anne Briggs of Mfafa Safaris
- Limpopo – Adri Kruger of Tzaneen Country Lodge
- KwaZulu-Natal – Gavin Seidler of African Exposure
- Eastern Cape – Vernon Wait (Acting Chair)
- Western Cape – Charmaine Beukes of White Shark Projects.