The Covid-19 pandemic has forced the global hospitality industry to re-imagine how it will operate once travel resumes. The President Hotel, situated in Bantry Bay Cape Town, has responded through the launch of SAFE, “Sanitizing Academy For Employees” an initiative which focuses on specialised training for all hotel staff, incorporating global best practice and stringent protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of its staff and guests.
The President Hotel’s operational teams receive daily training in accordance with global hygiene recommendations, ensuring only the highest level of cleaning, sanitization and disinfection is maintained. Limiting staff and guest physical interaction as much as possible, a contactless check-in and check-out process will be implemented, with all visitor luggage to be disinfected outdoors before entering the hotel lobby.
“At The President, we pride ourselves on maintaining the highest cleaning standards, coupled with world class comfort and personalised service. With the pandemic putting a pause on travel, we’ve been given the opportunity to revisit the entire guest experience from check-in to check-out, removing contact as much as possible as well as incorporating into our SAFE programme guidelines. We are ready to welcome guests back to a safe and clean hotel.” says Executive Director, Jeremy Clayton.
To mitigate the spread of Covid-19, The President has partnered with Diversey, a global leader in hygiene and infection prevention solutions, to equip the hotel with high quality hospital-grade cleaning products including SDST Surface Defence Standard Treatment with a 90-Day Active Surface (SDST), as well as enhanced technologies such as electrostatic sprayers and HEPA-grade air purifiers.
Comprehensive measures and standards of operations have been implemented including:
- Complimentary Health Kits: guests will be provided with complimentary hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in each room / apartment.
- Non-Invasive Temperature Screenings: upon arrival at the hotel, all staff and guests will be screened by non-invasive temperature checks.
- Keyless Entry: guests are able to use their mobile devices with the hotel’s Bluetooth door locks to enter their room / apartment.
- Contactless Check-in and Out: the hotel’s check-in process has been streamlined to utilise digital platforms and limit interaction.
- PPE: all hotel staff wear the relevant Personal Protective Equipment.
- Social Distancing: spaces throughout the hotel have been redesigned to respect social distancing requirements. Occupancy levels are closely monitored and where possible, rooms will be allocated according to social distancing norms (alternate rooms to be used) and will be left for a 48 hour waiting period after vacated.
- Isolation and Quarantine Procedures: already implemented prior to lockdown, the procedure includes intensive third-party disinfection and quarantine of a room occupied by guest(s) who become ill. Guests will be required to complete an online pre-arrival Medical and Travel declaration and all guest details will be recorded.
- Contactless Payment Options: a variety of contactless payment methods are available including Masterpass, Tap & Pay Credit Card Machines, SnapScan and iVeri Secure Payment Gateway.
With a dedicated onsite Health and Safety Manager ensuring all measures are adhered to, the hotel offers 24/7 guest support while actively monitoring occupancy levels, operational timings and capacities of each public area to ensure optimal social distancing.
As a member of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts family – the world’s largest independent hotel brand representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences across 85 countries – The President strives to maintain its iconic status through unique luxury offerings and welcoming guests back to a safe and clean space that respects their privacy and encourages social distancing in the Mother City.
“The President Hotel is well-positioned to emerge from this crisis with a new perspective on what hospitality means: enhancing technology, tools and training, reaffirming our commitment to rigorous health, safety and cleanliness protocols and embracing our local community”, concludes Clayton.
For more information on SAFE initiative, visit www.presidenthotel.co.za/coronavirus or contact their virtual office on 021-434-8111. To stay up to date, follow them on their social media platforms via Twitter, @ThePresidentCT | Instagram, @thepresidentct | Facebook, facebook.com/PresidentHotelCapeTown