Located on the coast at Kenton on Sea in the Eastern Cape and spanning the magnificent Kariega Estuary on its course to meet the warm Indian Ocean, the malaria-free Sibuya Game Reserve and Tented Camps is South Africa’s only game reserve accessed solely by boat.
Sibuya provides a personalised African bush experience that is acknowledged as being ecologically, socially and financially sustainable.
A few of the myriad ways that Subuya maintains its low-impact, sustainable tourism reputation as a Big-5 safari attraction includes:
- Recruiting and training staff from the local community;
- Purchasing goods and services locally,
- On-site recycling and composting;
- Restricting energy consumption to solar power,
- Using low-energy light bulbs and slow-burning lanterns;
- Using CFC-free refrigeration and gas grillers and hobs for cooking;
- Providing guests with still-water decanters and re-usable water bottles (Sibuya recently installed a desalination plant to produce their own prepared water for decanters and ice),
- Regular river clean ups.
The list is extensive and includes ongoing environmental rehabilitation of purchased farmland surrounding the reserve.
Browse through the links below or better yet, make a booking.
Tel: +27 (0)46 648 1040
TripAdvisor: Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camps
Africa GeoDirectory: Sibuya Game Reserve
Eco Atlas: Sibuya Game Reserve