Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been recognized as Africa’s Leading Hotel Brand at the finals of the renowned World Travel Awards 2014, voted for by travel agents worldwide.
At the Europe Gala Ceremony, which took place in Athens, Greece, on Saturday 2 August, the Hilton Hotel & Resorts brand and 16 of its properties in the Africa and Indian Ocean Islands region were recipients of several accolades. Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been in Africa since 1959 and is currently present in 11 countries on the continent.
Jan van der Putten, vice president of operations: Africa and Indian Ocean Islands region said, “It’s fantastic to be recognized for our great contribution at such a global level. Our investment in the region continues to pay off thanks to our incredible team members whose commitment to excellence is no doubt the reason we won. We will continue to grow our footprint in the region and investing in the culture of service Hilton Worldwide has always been known for.”
Hilton Worldwide’s Africa and Indian Ocean Islands region was celebrated in numerous different categories at the awards:
• Africa’s Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
• South Africa’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Durban
• South Africa’s Leading Hotel: Conrad Pezula Resort & Spa
• Namibia’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Windhoek
• Africa’s Leading Green Hotel: Hilton Hurghada Plaza, Egypt
• Algeria’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Alger Hotel
• Cameroon’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Yaounde
• Egypt’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza
• Egypt’s Leading Green Hotel: Hilton Hurghada Plaza
• Egypt’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
• Egypt’s Leading Spa Resort: Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
• Egypt’s Leading Business Hotel: Conrad Cairo
• Ethiopia’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Addis Ababa
• Indian Ocean’s Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels
• Indian Ocean’s Leading Villa Resort: Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa, Seychelles
• Indian Ocean’s Leading Hotel: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
• Maldives’ Leading Water Villa Resort: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
• Mauritius’ Leading Spa Resort: Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
• Nigeria’s Leading Hotel: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
• Nigeria’s Leading MICE Hotel: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
• Seychelles’ Leading Boutique Hotel: Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
• Seychelles’ Leading Resort: Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
• Seychelles’ Leading Spa Resort: Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
The prestigious World Travel Awards have been recognising organisations delivering outstanding customer experience in travel and tourism for more than 20 years. They have become a key global institution of the industry, stimulating competition and innovation among operators, as well as providing a helpful testimonial for quality to travellers worldwide.
More information on the categories and winners of the World Travel Awards 2014 can be found at http://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners2014.
– ### –
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Founded in 1919 as the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to build upon its legacy of innovation by developing products and services to meet the needs of savvy global travelers at more than 550 hotels across six continents. Hilton is the stylish, forward-thinking global leader in hospitality with Team Members shaping experiences in which every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Access the latest news at news.hilton.com and begin your journey at www.hilton.com or www.hilton.com/offers for the latest hotel specials. View a list of official social channels at www.hilton.com/ social. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market leading brands.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 95 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company’s portfolio of eleven world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,200 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.