7th Feb 2019, Dubai, UAE – Emirates is celebrating the season of love with its customers on board and in its lounges this Valentine’s Day. As part of its commitment to create seasonal menus and unique experiences for celebrations worldwide, Emirates has refreshed its Valentine’s Day offering to create a memorable travel experience for its customers.
The celebrations kicks off in Emirates’ network of lounges, including its lounge at Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport and in Cape Town International Airport.
In the Emirates First and Business Class lounges in Dubai from the 13-15 February, customers can enjoy:
- A Valentine’s champagne treat with the lively and generous notes of Moet & Chandon Rosé Impérial
- A selection of Valentines inspired cakes and desserts including heart shaped dark chocolate raspberry truffle, strawberry eton mess with mini heart sprinkles, red velvet cupcakes and red velvet ice cream
- Valentine’s Day coffee infusions by Coffee Planet &special biscuits from Costa Coffee
- A special Voss water infusion of strawberry & watermelon
- Specially flavoured teas from Dilmah including a spritely chamomile and black iced tea and a rum-based Moroccan mint mojito black iced tea which will be paired with Florentines and cookies
- Emirates’ special pampering services in the lounges like the Timeless Spa and shoe shine services will also have special deals
- Complimentary bottle engraving on purchase of spirits from Le Clos, a fine wines & luxury spirits retailer in the lounge
Across most of Emirates’ network of 42 lounges worldwide, Emirates’ chefs have prepared heart shaped culinary creations or the occasion. From 13-15 February, there will also be special selection of Valentine’s inspired desserts including:
- Mud cake with a chocolate ganache, berry coulis and decorated with white chocolate hearts in lounges in Australia
- White chocolate mousse with strawberry and passion fruit in lounges in the UK
- Chocolate covered strawberries with coconut flakes in Emirates lounges in Boston, LAX and JFK
- Pink macaroon and heart-shaped mousse cakes in Shanghai
- Red velvet torte with cream cheese and strawberry tart in Cairo
Onboard meals will be seasoned with a touch of romance to complement the regionally inspired cuisine. On Valentine’s Day itself, Emirates will served a special selection of desserts on longer flights across its network.
- Snack baskets in First Class will feature strawberry & cream flavoured Lakrids liquorice
- In First and Business, customers can choose a Strawberry feuilletine with layered white chocolate mousse and strawberry jelly decorated with hearts for an after meal treat
- In Economy Class, customers will be served a dark chocolate mousse topped with candied hearts for dessert
Customers can also get in the Valentine’s mood with ice, Emirates’ award winning inflight entertainment system. February’s entertainment catalogue features classic favourites including:
- Romantic comedies such as Notting Hill, My Best Friend’s Wedding & Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
- 1973 classic The Way We Were
- Emirates’ specially curated music playlist called ‘Romantic Moments’ and ‘Love at First Flight’ featuring love songs. Customers can also create their own playlists of music, movies and TV shows on the Emirates app ahead of their flight and sync it to their seats once on board.
Those looking for gifts for their loved ones can look forward to special deals:
- Emirates’ onboard Duty Free features a revamped catalogue with new and exclusive products. Customers who spend USD 95 or more from 8-10 Feb will enjoy a 20% discount.
- The Emirates official stores will have Valentine’s Day pyjamas for ladies and other Valentines themed Emirates merchandise available at www.emirates.store. Customers can also use the promo code EKLOVE until 11th Feb for free delivery on purchases over USD 100.
About Emirates: Emirates is the world’s largest international airline with a global network of 158 destinations in 86 countries/territories across six continents. Emirates operates 260 modern aircraft and is the world’s largest operator of the Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 family of aircraft. The airline’s luxurious amenities, regionally-inspired gourmet cuisine, award-winning in-flight entertainment system – ice – and unmatched hospitality provided by its iconic multilingual Cabin Crew from over 135 nationalities have made Emirates one of the world’s most recognised airline brands. Emirates flies four daily flights from Johannesburg to Dubai (including two A380’s), two daily flights between Dubai and Cape Town and a daily flight between Dubai and Durban.F