Decadent & Extravagant: Announcing the very first Taste of PE!
Calling all food fanatics, drinks devotees, cuisine queens, gourmands and gastronomes!
Taste, the International Culinary Festival, best described by many as an unforgettable experience of foodie and restaurant heaven, has announced their first Port Elizabeth based event, Taste of PE, to take place at the Boardwalk Entertainment Complex from 6th – 8th of March 2015.
Port Elizabeth will join a global list of spectacular Taste Festival cities that stretch from Sydney to Mumbai, a phenomenon of unique events at which the host city’s most acclaimed restaurants and chefs gather in a stunning venue to present their signature dishes to thousands of ‘foodie’ visitors. The experience, cuisine and atmosphere of each festival is totally unique to the city in which it is held. Taste of London launched first in 2004 with other major cities across the world following suit including Joburg in 2007, with Durban and Cape Town in quick succession. The festivals have set a new benchmark for food and drinks worldwide with 25 Taste Festivals now hosted around the world.
Eight of PE’s top restaurants and a selection of hand-picked gourmet food producer’s will create a host of dishes to tickle visitor’s taste buds. With a wide range of exhibitors, craft brewers, artisan producers, premium drink brands and award-winning wineries will provide a bounty of the country’s finest food and drink on offer, ensuring that one can sample and shop for a range of produce in the laid back atmosphere of a boutique food market.
“We have gone out of our way to represent the culinary delights of the Eastern Cape region, ensuring this year’s event will be the start of an annual celebration that will become the most eagerly anticipated culinary occasion of the year” says Taste Festival Director, Justine Drake. “We have set to capture and showcase the outstanding passion for good food, the exquisite and varied expanse of coastal cuisine as well as the rustic delights of small inland towns, to provide a delectable offering that is unique to the city and local region.”
Tickets are available at www.itickets.co.za
For more information visit www.tasteofpe.com
• Tickets are priced from R80 and include a tasting glass.
• SCOINS are the festival currency used at Taste Festivals to purchase food and drinks from the restaurants, bars and exhibitors. SCOINS can be pre-purchased with Premium or Taste Clubhouse tickets. SCOINS can also be purchased using cash or credit card at the event from the Taste Bank or from roaming Scoin sellers dressed in pink. Each Scoin is worth R5 and prices range from 4 to 8 SCOINS per dish. Change is offered in SCOINS only
• Booking is recommended.
• Follow @TasteOfPE on twitter or like facebook.com/TasteofPE for regular updates.
• Thursday 5th March: 18h30- 22h30
• Friday 6th March: 18h30- 22h30
• Saturday 7th March: 13h00- 17h00; 18h30- 22h30
• Sunday 8th March: 12h00- 17h00