Johannesburg, 02 May 2019 – Home* Suite Hotels has launched their first hotel on the corner of Oxford and Bristol Roads in Rosebank. A second Rosebank hotel is under development and a third in Sandton. A further three hotels are planned for Cape Town in Sea Point, Gardens and De Waterkant.
“Imagine the sense of excitement when visiting a friend’s exquisite house and then the feeling of warmth when you are welcomed and made to feel completely at home. That’s what we’re trying to create with Home* Suite Hotels,” says Lucid Ventures founder Gidon Novick in response to the R350 million 12J Hotel Fund announcing the launch of its unique boutique hotel brand in the South African market.
The 25-80 key hotels, targeted at discerning business travellers and well-travelled tourists, are all located in key, trendy urban and commercial nodes across South Africa.
SLOW lounge designer Tonic responded to a cutting-edge design brief with stunning use of colour and lighting not previously seen in the local market. “South Africa lags cosmopolitan cities like Berlin and Paris in hotel design and so we decided to push the boundaries,” says Phillipe Van Der Merwe, founder of Tonic Design.
“The gap”, according to Novick “is for travellers looking for both the facilities of a large international hotel brand and the intimacy of smaller boutique hotel”. While location and design are important, service is the magical ingredient. “Each and every member of the team regardless of their functional role is responsible for creating an outstanding guest experience. We only hire people that get pleasure from helping others.”
Home* Suite Hotels guests can look forward to:
- Hotels centrally located with a local suburban feel
- Large windows for maximum natural light with thick blackout curtains for good sleep
- Courageous design that enhances the surrounding area
- Hypnos Beds used by royalty, literally ‘fit for a queen’
- Home-style, accessible meals served in the open plan kitchen
- Locally roasted “Best in Jozi” Father branded coffee
- Sundowners on the roof pool deck to wind down the day
- A help-yourself larder for the midnight munchies
- An executive meeting room for off-site strategy sessions
- Chromecast in-room entertainment system
- Gym access at Virgin Active clubs in the area
- Seamless check in and check out – the least fun part of your trip
- A resident dog adopted from a local shelter
- ‘Suite Pleasure’ menu.
“We’ve pulled together an exceptional team to build the most desirable hotel experience in South Africa,” concludes Novick.
Besides being the founder of Lucid Ventures, Novick is also well known as the founder of kulula.com. He spent twelve years in the airline industry, where he innovated and redefined the airline space. He also launched the SLOW Lounge Concept. After leaving the airline industry he spent three years at Discovery as the CEO of Vitality and Head of Digital. He is a qualified CA(SA) and has an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management.
For more information visit www.homesuitehotels.com.