Only 90 minutes drive from Cape Town (on the popular, scenic Route 62), why not take the time to head out to the country and enjoy the simple pleasures in life… slowly at the Robertson Wine Valley’s slow-living festival. At Robertson Slow, one can sample honest, old-fashioned, rural hospitality synonymous with the Robertson Wine Valley’s wine-making community. Relish the slow food and wine that will satiate your senses and revel in the relaxed pace that will replenish your soul.
Robertson Slow is one of the most anticipated and intimate festivals of the year and the Robertson Wine Valley is looking to attract visitors yearning to experience the charm of country life in intimate settings characterised by each farm’s unique personal touch. While enjoying time-honoured activities, visitors will be afforded the opportunity to interact with wine-makers and wine-farmers, in an informal ambience, getting to know them and their respective families.
Here are just a few of the many activities that can be enjoyed at Robertson Slow:
• Indulge in traditional cuisine, using local ingredients from the Valley;
• Experience wine-tastings and dinners in the homes of the local wine-making families, savouring family recipes;
• Revel in the beauty of biodiversity with fynbos and renosterveld drives;
• Have fun horseback riding or enjoy a cruise on the Breede River
• Be daring and complete the 4×4 challenge, or the 8, 30 or 70km mountain bike challenge;
• Try your hand at making pasta or gnocchi;
• Enjoy Spanish cuisine;
• Attend a food, wine and olive oil pairing;
• Browse and shop at leisure, on Sunday 11 August, at the Robertson Valley Regional Food Market, and choose from a colourful array of delectable fresh produce.
Robertson Slow may be focusing on the ‘slow’ way of life, but don’t be ‘slow’ to book your place at some of the events which best represent your interpretation of the essence of country living. To avoid disappointment, events must be booked before Wednesday 7 August.
For more information on Robertson Slow, and a full programme of events, as well as booking details: visit www.robertsonslow.com or contact the Robertson Wine Valley on: telephone (023) 626 3167 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org