In this festive season edition, the editorial covers Seychelles beaches again being recognised as being among the best in the world.
We also touch on Seychelles being a leader in the field of the Blue Economy and Sustainable Tourism, mentioning the nomination of Dr Nirmal Shah as Global Goodwill Ambassador and the work done by the dedicated people at the James Michel Foundation.
The appointment of the acting CEO of Air Seychelles is announced and the challenges he faces as redundancies of dedicated Seychellois staff who fly the Creole Spirit was announced at the same time.
The first visit by Cruise Ship AIDA is also looked at as well as the work by the Vanilla Islands alongside many supporting bodies to get cruise tourism in the Indian Ocean working again.
The visit to Seychelles by WEI Hospitality Group is also mentioned as a positive for growing tourism from China. We close the editorial with the announcement of the relaunch of the Seychelles Regatta.
Until next time, I bid you Bon Voyage.
Saint Ange Consultancy. www.alainstange.net
Read more: Saint Ange Tourism Newsletter – 29th Edition.
Topics featured in this edition include:
- Seychelles beaches again listed in the Top 50 of the world
- Perseverance pays off for Bertrand Vidot
- Avani Seychelles keeping the island vibe alive
- WEI Retreat Hospitality Group of China looking at Seychelles
- Kempinski Seychelles Resort spectacular lighting of Christmas Tree
- H Hotel Seychelles wins Best Family Resort in Mahe
- Kenya tourism growth continues
- Beachcomber Resorts & Spa receives Top TUI Quality Award
- Nigeria to host Africa Tourism Ministers Meeting
- Air Seychelles announces the appointment of Remco Althuis as interim CEO
- Support for Blue Economy & Sustainable Energy by Diana Chen of Hong Kong to James Michel Foundation
- Anantara arrives in Americas, Turkish Airline celebrates 2nd Anniversary serving Mauritius
- Tourism Minister Loustau Lananne visits AIDA Aura on its first voyage to Seychelles & Dr Nirmal Shah of Seychelles a Global Goodwill Ambassador.