MAHÉ, Seychelles, 20 December 2019 – The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) has collaborated with the local lottery organiser, MAZ Millions, to provide international tourists with a chance to win one of several luxury dream holidays to the exotic islands.
Launched during an event held at the Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa on World Tourism Day (25 September) this year, this world-first lottery has 15 prizes on offer, all of which include return flights to Seychelles. Anyone from any part of the world can buy a ticket for $100 (USD) and stand a chance to win a luxury holiday to Seychelles where the winners will experience a once-in-a-lifetime VIP experience all paid for by MAZ Millions.
Addressing media and guests at the launch, MAZ Millions Chief Executive, Marie-France MacGregor, said “Very often we would get tourists asking if they can participate and we would have to tell them no. So, today, when foreign tourists want to participate in our lottery they can, and we would be so happy to show them the prizes they can win.”
“When Marie-France and Alain St.Ange first brought the idea of MAZ Millions to me, the first thing that came to mind was visibility, the bigger the lottery gets the better it would be for Seychelles. What this lottery is doing is selling the dream of Seychelles to the world. It’s telling people about the beauty of Seychelles and selling the Seychelles experience,” added STB Chief Executive, Sherin Francis.
During his address, the President of the African Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange, referred to the innovation of this lottery by saying: “Seychelles is moving one step forward in showing that we are leaders.”
The MAZ Luxury (Seychelles) Experience lottery tickets can be purchased online at www.mazmillions.com and at selected travel agents and luxury retail businesses around the world.
The lottery draws will take place three times per year, and four months apart, with the first draw scheduled for 27 January 2020. The 15 prizes all include return airfares for two and airport transfers. The prizes are as follows:
- Platinum Prize (Star Prize) – 14 Nights Stay In Seychelles. Includes first-class flights, fast-track through immigration, a limo transfer to Four Seasons Resort on Mahé island for a 4-nights stay, 3-nights at Raffles Resort, 1-night at Domaine De L’orangerie on La Digue island, a 2-night stay on Bird Island, 1-night at Silhouette Island, 2-nights at North Island, and then back to Mahé for a 1-night stay at the Savoy Hotel, followed by a limo transfer to the airport for the return flight.
- Gold Prize (First Prize) – 12 Nights Holiday In Seychelles. Includes business-class flights, fast-track through immigration, limo transfer to Maya Resort for 2-nights on Mahé island, 2 -nights on Bird Island, 1-night on Enchanted Island, 7-night Island Hopping – Mahe/Praslin/La Digue/Curieuse, limo transfer to the airport for the return flight.
- Silver Prize (Second Prize) – 12 Nights Holiday In Seychelles. Includes business-class flights, fast-track through immigration, Mahé for 2-nights at Ephilia Hotel, Praslin for 2-nights at Lemuria, La Digue for 1-night At Domaine De L’orangerie, Bird Island for 2-nights, and 1-night at Savoy Resort.
- Bronze Prize (Third Prize) – 12 Nights Holiday. Includes business-class flights, fast-track through immigration, Mahé for 4-nights at H Hotel Resort Beau Vallon, 2-nights at Le Duc De Praslin, 2-nights at Labriz Silhouette, 2-nights at Bird Island, 1-night at La Digue Island Lodge.
- 5th to 9th Prizes – 7 Night Island Hopping Holiday. Each prize includes two economy-class return tickets, VIP meet-and-greet, 2-nights at Avani Resort on Mahe, 2-nights at Le Duc Des Praslin on Praslin Island, 2-nights at Villa Authetic on La Digue Island, and 1-night at Coral Strand Hotel including 1 Sunset Cruise.
- 10th to 15th Prizes – 7 Night Holiday at Treasure Cove Hotel. Each prize includes two economy-class return tickets and 7-nights at Treasure Cove Hotel on Mahé island. The prize package is inclusive of all transfers and leisure activities such as snorkling, diving, fishing, etc.
As soon as the numbers are drawn, the results will be published on the website and on all Media Partner websites. Winners will also be contacted via telephone on the same day, shortly after each draw. Winners will have a period of 12 months to redeem their prize. The top prize will be presented to the winner in person.
About MAZ Millions: MAZ is a Seychellois owned and based company licensed by the Seychelles Licensing Authority for a Games of Chance License. The company was registered and incorporated under the company’s act 1972 at the office of the Registrar of companies on 20th April 2017. The company opened its doors at Unity House, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles on 1st December 2018. The name MAZ is a combination of the first letter of the names of the two owners (Marie-France MacGregor and Allen Laporte). With years of experience successfully organizing various lotteries for many entities on the island, including The National Day Committee, CARNAVAL Lottery for the Seychelles Tourism Board, The Lion’s Club of Seychelles, and various sports clubs – tMAZ felt it was time for the people of Seychelles to have a multi-million rupee Lottery, hence the creation of the company.
As the lottery become popular on the islands, many tourists expressed their desire to participate in the local lottery, and hence the launch of the MAZ Luxury (Seychelles) Experience lottery.