The Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) online Bid or Buy Auction, which launched on Monday 28 October 2013, closed its first batch of holiday packages on Wednesday with significant bargains secured by buyers.
For example, a two night package for two people at Elephant Lake Inn in the popular holiday village of St Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal, which is valued at R3,350.00 and includes a iSimangaliso excursion and an estuary boat cruise – sold for just R751.00.
Another bargain, valued at R9,940.00 for two nights for two including breakfast and dinner, at the luxurious Valley Lodge & Spa in Magaliesberg Nature Reserve, Northwest Province closed at just R2,750.00 – a significant saving for the lucky bidder.
Up for grabs in the next batch of auction lots are:
- A R10,000 voucher towards your stay at Zulu Nyala Lodge in KwaZulu-Natal (bidding closes 03 November);
- A Protea Hotel accommodation package inclusive of two return Airlink tickets value at R11,231.00 (bidding closes 04 November);
- Two nights at the Balmoral Hotel in Durban with dinner for two at 315 Restaurant in Umhlanga valued R1(bidding closes 04 November);
- One night stay for two with breakfast at Shangri-La Country Hotel in Modimolle, Limpopo plus a two day care hire from First Care Rental. This package is valued at R1,970.00 (bidding closes 05 November).
Auction lots to date include products that have been sponsored by the following SATSA members:
Accommodation: Amanzingwe Lodge, Elephant Lake Hotel, Garonga Safari Camp, Isandlwana Lodge, Legend Hotels – Zebra Country Lodge, Maropeng Boutique Hotel, Melrose Road Guesthouse, Motswari Private Game Reserve, Protea Hotels, Raya Hotels, Shangri-La Country Hotel, Transfrontier Parks – Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge, Tsogo Sun, Valley Lodge & Spa, Victoria & Alfred Hotel and Zulu Nyala Lodge.
Adventure: Bill Harrop’s ‘Original’ Balloon Safaris, Circe Launches – Seal Island, Tsitsikama Treetop Canopy Tours, White Shark Projects.
Aviation: SA Airlink.
Conferencing: Birchwood Hotel & Conference Centre.
Car Hire: Europcar, First Car Rental, and Hertz.
Media: Tourism Tattler.
Restaurant: Coastlands Musgrave Hotels & Resorts – 315 Restaurant
Tours: Hylton Ross, Ilios Travel, Ulysses Tours & Safaris.
How it works
- Visit www.bidorbuy.co.za/user/1761669/SATSA
- Register or Sign in as a bidder
- Select the product lot that you would like to bid on and place your bid
- Check back regularly and keep updating your bid until the closing time is reached.
- All auction lots start at R1.00 and bids are placed in increments of R50.00 until the highest bid is reached at the time of closing.
- Lot time durations vary from one day ‘crazy auctions’ to three and seven day periods.
- Bid winners will have fourteen days to pay for their purchase, on receipt of which the lot voucher is handed over.
- Voucher validity periods vary, but most extend for up 12 months from date of issue, so bidders have ample time to include the purchase in their planned holiday itinerary.
Any questions relating to the registration process can be directed to [email protected]
The Southern Africa Tourism Services Association (SATSA) is a non-profit, member-driven association that represents both small business and principals in the private sector of Tourism.
SATSA’s vision is to be the most recognized and sought-after endorsement of good business practice in the southern African Tourism Industry.
SATSA was established in 1969, and has enjoyed tremendous growth over the last 44 years. The association currently has a membership base of more than 900 member companies. Over the years, SATSA has established a reputation for integrity and professionalism. The appearance of the SATSA logo anywhere is a sign of quality and commitment to service excellence for the tourist. For more information, please visit SATSA’s website at http://www.satsa.com