Namibia is synonymous with great open spaces, from endless desert landscapes to star-spangled night skies, and great herds of wandering wildlife. Whether you’re a professional or an amateur photographer, a photo safari experience in Namibia is unparalleled to anywhere else in the world.
While it is possible to see much of Namibia using a rented 4×4 vehicle for a self-drive Namibian road journey, the more remote areas are best explored in the company of a guide. An experienced guide can be a great mentor on a safari to the wilder parts of Namibia; navigating, translating, explaining, and providing access to some of the country’s’ best-kept secrets.
Local Safari Operator, ONDESE SAFARIS, founded by Friedrich Nauhaus in 1993 and joined by Mendes Vinte in 2018, offer both fly-in safari tour packages and guided road-trip photo safari packages throughout Namibia.
Below are six guided photo safari package tours for 2020 that you can book now, and thereby secure your spot for access to Namibia’s best-kept secrets:
- Honey Badger Safari, 21 Days (North & West): Take a photo-safari through the most beautiful parts of Namibia, from the capital Windhoek to the Waterberg Plateau, to the Kavango Region East with the cultures of its inhabitants, to the Okavango River and the unique Mahango core area of the Bwabwata National Park, to the Zambesi Region in the Caprivi Strip up to the wetland of the Linyanti Swamps, to the Otavi mountains, to the famous Etosha National Park, to Damaraland with its rock-art, to the Erongo mountains with its views, the Skeleton Coast, to the sand-sea of the Namib Desert with the highest dunes and back to Windhoek.
- Plains Zebra Safari, 21 Days (South, West & North): This safari takes you through the greater part of Namibia; from Windhoek to the red parallel dunes of the southern Kalahari, to the breathtaking Fish River Canyon, to the picturesque southern Namib Desert, to the dunes of Sossusvlei, to the Skeleton Coast, to Damaraland, to Etosha National Park with its abundance of game, to the northern Kalahari up to the Okavango river and the game of the Kavango-East Region and via the Otavi triangle back to Windhoek.
- Lion Safari, 18 Days (West, North & Northeast): Safari from Windhoek to the sand-sea and the dunes of the Namib Desert, to the central Namib coast, to the interesting Skeleton Coast National Park, to Damaraland with its stunning landscapes, to Etosha National Park with its diverse wildlife, to Kavango East Region with its African traditions, to the lush Zambesi Region and back via the Waterberg Plateau to the Windhoek Airport.
- Brindled Gnu Safari, 16 Days (West & North): Discover on this safari the capital Windhoek, the sand-sea of the Namib Desert with its dunes at Sossusvlei, the central Skeleton Coast with the towns of Swakopmund and Walvis Bay, the rock engravings of Twyfelfontein in Damaraland, the interesting frontier between Damaraland and Kaokoland with its stunning landscapes, the Rock Finger, the unique Etosha National Park, the Otavi triangle, and the middle Kalahari.
- Black-backed Jackal Safari, 16 Days (North-West & North-East): On this Namibian safari you will start from Windhoek, and then proceed to photograph the rock-art of Twyfelfontein, the game in the western part of Etosha National Park, the traditional living of the people in the Kaokoland at Epupa Falls, the Ruacana Falls in the Kunene River, the culture of the people in Ovamboland and at Olukonda. You will drive through the Kavango-West Region to Rundu and on to the Zambesi Region in the Caprivi Strip up to the Kwando River in the Mudumu National Park, enjoy the stunning Bwabwata National Park along the Okavango river in Kavango-East Region and drive via the Waterberg Plateau back to Windhoek airport.
- Hook-lipped Rhinoceros Safari, 16 Days (North-Western Namibia): This photo-safari starts from Windhoek and on to the Skeleton Coast, the coastal Namib Desert, the remote areas of Damaraland, and the western and central parts of the Etosha National Park, and ends at the Windhoek international airport.
- Prices for the above tours are available on the linked pages.