MAPUTO, 16 July 2018 – World Ranger Day 2018 will be celebrated in Mozambique on 31 July at the Joaquim Chissano International Conference Center, Maputo, with an exhibition and display from 2 pm to 4:40 pm, followed by a World Premiere of the documentary “On the Front Lines, Rangers of Gorongosa.”
The full programme for the event is:
14:00 – 16:40 pm (open to the public)
• Exhibition of photography and materials seized by anti-hunting units nationwide.
• “Silent” Auction – The Work of Gonçalo Mabunda (Throne of The Brave).
• Recognition and Awards by the Mozambique Minister of Land, Environment and Rural Development.
17:00 – 19:00 (by invitation only)
• World Premiere Film/Documentary*: “On the Front Lines, Rangers of Gorongosa” (80 ‘) Directed and Produced by James Byrne, Carla Rebai, Brett J. Kuxhausen and Augusto Bila.
• Cocktail Function.
• End of Auction.
• End of event.
* Film Premiere, by invitation only, limited seats.
R.S.V.P. by 20 July to Patricia Guerra <[email protected]>
About World Ranger Day
World Ranger Day is an initiative of The Thin Green Line in collaboration with The International Ranger Federation (IRF) and is celebrated worldwide on July 31st to commemorate Rangers killed or injured in the line of duty and to celebrate the work Rangers do to protect the planet’s natural treasures and cultural heritage. The aim is for the World to pause for a moment and reflect on the courage and sacrifice that Rangers make: by honouring Fallen Rangers and standing with Rangers who bravely undertake their role on the frontline.