Cape Town, South Africa, 18 March 2019 – The African Tourism Board (ATB) is planning an impressive launch event to coincide with World Travel Market (WTM) on 11 April 2019.
The event, from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm, will see an international team of experts conducting an informative and enlightening meeting of African Tourism Board members.
Ministers of Tourism and leaders of the African and international travel and tourism sector, along with exhibitors and visitors will come together in the Conference Theatre of the Cape Town International Convention Centre to join the African Tourism Board, an organization where Africa becomes one tourist destination.
The African Tourism Board is an initiative launched by the International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) at WTM London in November 2018 and will now stand as an official independent organization at WTM Africa.
Under African leadership with a global team of experts, supporters, and through outreach, ATB is all about sharing resources in international marketing throughout the African continent and around the globe.
Such resources include an ATB representation and marketing office in New York, a representation in India, and outreach to China, Europe, and other important source markets for Africa.
ATB is about communicating. With the help of dozens of media partners, the African Tourism Board reaches the world and gives the African continent an important independent and collective voice of the countries that make up the continent of Africa.
“As a member of ATB, Tourism Tattler looks forward to engaging with members at the event in our home town, and I urge all WTM Africa exhibitors and buyers to do likewise,” says Des Langkilde, Executive Editor at TourismTattler.com.
Speakers confirmed to address members at the event include:
- Juergen Steinmetz, ICTP Chairman and eTN Corporation President;
- Dr Taleb Rifai, the former Secretary General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) from 2010-2017;
- Alain St.Ange, former Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports & Marine for Seychelles;
- Professor Geoffrey Lipman, former Executive Director of IATA; former President of WTTC; former Assistant Secretary-General of UNWTO; and current Co-founder of SUNx Strong Universal Network’
- Dr Peter Tarlow, world-renowned speaker and expert specializing in the impact of crime and terrorism on the tourism industry, event and tourism risk management, and tourism and economic development;
- Carol Weaving, Managing Director of Reed Exhibitions Africa.
For more information and how to register to attend the ATB Opening Event go to africantourismboard.com.